Monday, June 25, 2012

What Have I Learned?

I just got home from an amazing journey. An epic journey that accumulated all my beliefs and core values and shot them into an oblivion. I am a changed man. I thought before I was open, that I was confident, and mostly, that I was sure of it all.
I have been unfortunate, in the last two years, to have so many experiences that brought tremendous pain to me, my friends, and family. When I look back on these events, I know that I cannot trade them, I cannot take them back. As much as I want things to be different, I have to realize that they already are different. It happened that way. Things change. Things get different everyday. Sometimes these terrible events shine a new light into our eyes. Everytime, they will be looked back on, they will pass, and they will become part of your history. We also have moments where we do not suffer but rejoice for an experience. The great things that make us realize how hard we worked or notice how little we tried but were still blessed a bit to get just enough. It is these moments I love to create or be a part of. It is in those moments where we find growth. It is these same experiences where a family is made or made to endure.
I found another family. I become a part of a new family everywhere I go. I was going to be with these 8 other people for three to four weeks. What did I want from them? I think I wanted help. I have always been giving out my hands, trying not to receive. I needed reception and they were there to give it. What loving people I met. Such different people. We all had different accents. We all were into different things. We figured each other out very quickly. Be bonded very quickly. I think I collected something from each and every one of them. They passed it on to me and I will never forget it.
I learned compassion for everything and how to stand up for yourself and those around you. I learned confidence and how it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks of you; be yourself. I learned how no matter where you get, life is still the same, you are still the same person. I grew to project myself better, how to display my true emotions. I was able to be happy for 28 days. I laughed and had the best time of my life. I had amazing conversations with great people. I made a lot of new friends. I hope those people know I want to know them for the rest of my life.
Be yourself but always change. Always learn and grow. Everything happens for a reason; you are meant to go where you choose. It's the only way to go. Don't think; just go with your gut. Never second guess yourself. Your gut instinct is what you are meant to do. I would never trade the experiences I went through after having gone through them. They mold me. This one opened me up to an amazing level. Thank God for the experience of life and the concept of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment