I've suffered, but I've persevered. I've wept, but I've held my head up. I stopped living in a world of destruction and disaster and opened myself up to a more humble way of thinking.
Monday, November 21, 2011
Painting the Roses Red
Does anyone remember Alice in Wonderland? Do you remember the song? It makes me think of a literal way to understand it. If you recall, the cards have accidentally planted white roses when the Queen wanted red roses. The terms they decided were that if the Queen knew, they would kill them. What I find to be ironic is how we as a people plant white roses everywhere, paint them red, and hide them. We don't want people to see our mistakes or even the effort afterwards in trying to correct it. It's much like a secret. The best part is when Alice joins in with a bucket and a brush and starts to help. I think everyone has secrets that we bring other people into when we shouldn't. In the act it looks so fun and engaging, but you don't think about it in for the long run. In a few weeks or months those roses will be dead and no one will ever know the difference, but I find it hard not to remember the beautiful white roses. Why anything would feel the need to cover something up. The world is going to happen however it does but why should anyone be held accountable for those things? Death? This could translate into literal death or death of a friendship. I used to be the biggest liar ever. I could front anything. I could make anyone do anything and if they didn't there would be consequences. I'm not like that anymore. The truth is where its at. The truth keeps me in reality and not trying to remember the past of the things I should've done different or how I need to cover something up from my past. It's just there. Paint the roses red or leave them beautiful to blossom. The wages of mistakes is not death. It is learning. It is education. When you find someone making a mistake, help them correct it. Don't help them hide it. Focus on the future, focus of what can come out of this and if you can find something greater go with that. These things can be simple. Buying the wrong bread, crunchy peanut butter, or 1% milk. How horrid these things are that can be brought into a light so bright that your mistake is the only knowledgeable object. I just try to do my best to not make mistakes but when I do I have to fix them, not hide them, and not cover them up. The worst feeling in the world is getting caught.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Christ, what a lovely, and antagonizing concept to think about.
ReplyDeleteVery much so. I believe people know how they manipulate their own thoughts or beliefs because they know they cannot hold true to those values, so instead of starting something entirely brand new they just mask. This means they can go back and forth; that paint will chip. And then once again after a mere time of exposure the spot is patched up with more paint, creating layers. I want to share how sticking to the core is the best way to live. People will never need to peel layers to see my core [beliefs].
ReplyDelete